Saturday, May 23, 2026

Creativity Exercise: “The 10-Minute Brain Dump That Accidentally Became a Brand

Today I did a quick creativity exercise where I wasn’t allowed to overthink anything. The goal was basically to stop trying to make everything perfect and just create fast. I set a timer for 10 minutes and wrote down random words, aesthetics, feelings, and ideas that I’m naturally drawn to.

Some of the things that kept repeating were:

  • discipline
  • monsters/kaiju
  • loyalty
  • desert colors
  • competition
  • loud engines
  • confidence
  • family
  • structure
  • controlled chaos
  • gold and black textures
  • people becoming stronger versions of themselves

After that, I challenged myself to combine unrelated ideas together. For example:

  • What would a luxury car brand look like if it was inspired by martial arts philosophy?
  • What would a jiu-jitsu gym feel like if it had the atmosphere of a cinematic streetwear campaign?
  • What if motivation content felt aggressive and refined at the same time instead of cheesy?

The exercise actually helped me realize that a lot of my creative work revolves around transformation. Whether it’s athletes, cars, branding, or social media content, I’m always drawn toward things that feel powerful, intentional, and larger than life.

To finish the exercise, I made a super quick mood board using warm desert tones, metallic textures, action photography, and bold typography. Even though it was rushed, it honestly felt more authentic than when I sit there trying to force creativity for hours.

The biggest thing I learned is that creativity gets way harder when I try to make everything “good” immediately. When I create fast first and refine later, the ideas come out way stronger and way more original. ✍️🔥

No comments:

Post a Comment