This week we started learning HTML and building websites from scratch, and it definitely made me realize how much goes into something that looks simple on the surface.
At first it felt really structured, like everything has a place and a purpose. You can’t just throw things wherever you want like I’ve been doing in design programs. If something is out of order in the code, it actually breaks the layout, which forced me to slow down and pay attention.
One of the biggest things I learned was how important structure is. Using things like headers, paragraphs, and sections isn’t just for organization, it actually controls how the content is read and displayed. Once I started understanding that, the page started making more sense.
I also realized that websites don’t just magically look good. Right now, without CSS, everything looks really basic, but you can still see the foundation of how everything is built. It kind of made me respect the process more instead of just focusing on the final look.
Another thing I noticed is that HTML is actually pretty logical once you understand the pattern. It’s just a matter of being consistent and paying attention to details like closing tags and nesting things correctly. When I missed something small, the whole thing would look off, which was frustrating but also made it easier to catch mistakes.
Overall, this week felt like learning the behind-the-scenes of design. It’s not as visually exciting yet, but it makes everything feel more intentional and controlled. I can already tell this is going to make a difference once we start adding styling and making things look better.
No comments:
Post a Comment